Who are we?
The Working Families Tax Credit Coalition is a coalition of organizations spanning economic and racial justice groups, immigrant rights advocates, labor unions, direct service providers, domestic violence advocates, and more.
Our goal is to work together to ensure communities most impacted by Washington’s upside-down tax code receive cash in hand. Membership in the coalition is free and open to any organization, community group, or individual who shares this goal.
Are you a community group or organization interested in joining the coalition? Contact us here.
We believe that the tax code has the potential to be used as a tool for undoing racist legacies.
Washington State’s Tax Code is upside down, meaning low income filers pay up to six times more in taxes than the wealthiest 1%. This perpetuates poverty, economic injustice, and racial inequity in our state. We know that direct cash payments – like the Working Families Tax Credit – are a powerful way to help return economic stability to low income families, immigrant communities, and communities of color across Washington.
Our Coalition Members
- AFT Washington
- All In for Washington
- Asian Pacific Islander Coalition
- Asian Counseling and Referral Service
- Balance Our Tax Code
- Byrd Barr Place
- Casa Latina
- Catholic Community Services
- Catholic Housing Services
- Children’s Alliance
- The Children’s Campaign Fund
- Civic Ventures
- Climate Alliance for Jobs & Clean Energy
- Economic Security Project
- Environmental Priorities Coalition
- Fair Work Center
- Faith Action Network
- Financial Empowerment Network
- Firelands Workers Action/ Acción de Trabajadores
- Food Lifeline
- Fuse Washington
- Northwest Harvest
- Planned Parenthood
- Progress Alliance
- SEIU 775
- SEIU 925
- Statewide Poverty Action Network
- Tacoma Urban League
- Teamsters 117
- The Prosperity Agenda
- UFCW 21
- United Way of King County
- United Ways of Washington State
- Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle
- Ventures Nonprofit
- The Washington Bus
- Washington Catholics
- Washington Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Washington State Budget & Policy Center
- Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Washington Physicians for Social Responsibility
- WestSide Baby
- Working Washington
- YWCA Seattle | King | Snohomish
The Working Families Tax Credit Coalition is a coalition of organizations spanning economic and racial justice groups, immigrant rights advocates, labor, direct service providers, domestic violence advocates, and more.
Our goal is working together to make sure communities most impacted by Washington’s upside-down tax code receive cash in hand.
Sign up to receive updates from the Working Families Tax Credit Coalition.